What is Neurological Rehabilitation?
Neurological rehabilitation has been defined as “a process that assists individuals who experience disability to achieve and maintain optimal function and health in interaction with their environment” (World Health Organisation, 2017).
The term “neurological” refers to the anatomy, function, and disorders of the nervous system. At Physical Evolution, our team of Exercise Physiologists and Physiotherapists work with individuals with neurological and neuromuscular disorders that include, but are not limited to:
At Physical Evolution, we provide individualised, specific neurological rehabilitation interventions to help you reach your goals and to facilitate optimal participation in life. The key advantage of coming to see an Exercise Physiologist or Physiotherapist for neurological rehabilitation at Physical Evolution is that we work and focus on this area on a daily basis, and we obtain the passion and specialised training to help people with these conditions. Our evidence-based, safe and effective treatment may involve:
- Education and advice for living with a neurological condition
- Education, treatment and advice for managing any associated symptoms (such as spasticity, contractures, and fatigue)
- Management and education of secondary conditions
- Movement-based training to learn and reinforce new movements
- Movement-based training to maintain or improve one’s ability to complete activities of daily living
- Exercise to maintain or improve balance and reduce falls risk
- Exercise to maintain or improve muscular strength and endurance
- Exercise to maintain or improve cardiorespiratory fitness
- Exercise and movement training to maintain or improve walking ability and mobility
- Exercise to increase body awareness and motor control
- Treatment sessions for pain management
We operate on an appointment only basis in a private clinic. Give the clinic a call to find out how we can help you.